Monday 30 November 2015

A visit to the National Museum of Singapore

Cannot even imagine when was the last time I went to the national museum....anyway since its free for Singapore citizen and since I am free...I decided to pop by and take a look.

Most of the exhibits are on Singapore history such as colonial days under the British, Japanese invasion and road to independence. Saw alot of LKY exhibits also, such as his red box, his office, bicycle, robes and the role watches given to him by the union workers. 
My favorite was this place made to look like an open air movie drive thru. There was actually such a place in Jurong during the early days.There were cars decorated seats under a starlit ceiling in a dark room. The seats were actually v comfortable and I felt reluctant to get up after the show. The movie was a collection of places and events in Singapore during the 70s and 80s with xinyao music playing in the background. Felt a sense of nostalgia as I can identify with these era. 
After that, I somehow landed in Bugis plus and decided to get myself a churros from churros 101 which is a popular chain from Korea. Tried the cream cheese filled churros at $4.70. Quite expensive for a small churro and frankly speaking, dun find anything fantastic about it. The cream cheese filling are not cheesy enough for me, felt more like custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment