Saturday 14 November 2015

Laduree Cafe Ginza

Visiting a laduree cafe is one of my to do list in Japan since I did not get a chance to go when I was in France.

The laduree cafe was situated on the second floor of Mitsukoshi departmental stall. I was there on Friday at around 4pm. There was no queue and I was seated within 5 mins. Service was excellent. We tried the afternoon tea menu set at about 3000 plus yen per person. Each person can chose 2 types of macaroon, 1 cake, 2 finger sandwiches,1 hot drink and 1 cold drink. 
Sadly, the strawberry shaped cake is no longer available. So I end up chosen the raspberry pink macaroon tart thingy and hubby chose the chestnut mont blanc cake. As for the macaroon, I chose caramel banana and yuzu ginger which are in season. 
For hot drink, I chose the Marie Antionette tea which turned out to be too strong in taste for me. I prefer the Ginza special anniversary tea which hubby chose instead.
When it comes to macaroon, I prefer Pierre Herme more. However, the yuzu ginger macaroon by lauduree was surprisingly nice and flavorful without being too intense on the ginger taste. I like it so much that I ended up buying a box of 4 macaroons all yuzu ginger...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment