Thursday 22 October 2015

Day 4 in Paris- Musee de Orsay & Tuileries

After getting my comfy walking shoes, I'm all set to go out. This time is the musee de orsay which is famous for impressionist arts. Think I'm getting used to navigating around Paris using metro by myself.
The museum housed a lot of Claude Monet paintings. It also have Van Goh paintings, rodin sculptures and other non impressionist paintings.


I reached the museum around 10am and the queue is fairly short. I was inside within 20 mins. Frankly speaking, after the Lourve, this place felt like nothing much. Good thing is that there are no tour groups around. People here are more interested in the artwork that  taking selfie with it. Btw, u are not allowed to use a selfie stick and not allowed to eat anywhere except in the museum. 
There is a very beautiful restaurant inside the mseum. It opened at 11.45am but a long queue already formed before its door was opened. 
The pricing is also not v expensive. A set meal with an entrĂ©e and a main dish is only about 22 euro. 
Since I'm alone, I dun really have to mood to dine by myself. It's just so weird and sad eating by myself in such a nice place.

End up eating my kinder bueno cake bread outside the museum facing the seine river.....so hungry by then....
Walking across a bridge to Jardine du Tuileries for a stroll....and discovered that this is the bridge where ppl place locks on it as a representation of their love...? 

Tuileries garden lies right after this bridge. It's a nice pleasant park. Alot of trees are turning brown or yellow  it dun think they are maple trees....

No comments:

Post a Comment