Thursday 22 October 2015

Day 3 Paris- Shopping at Lafayette & foie gras

After getting some severe blisters from all that walking yesterday in my uncomfortable shoes, I decide to have a short day by just visiting Lafayette Galleries, the biggest shopping mall in Paris. 

Bought myself a Longchamp sling bag and help my MIL get her tote. I have no choice but to buy another pair of shoes since the one I'm wearing is killing me with every step. End up getting a pair of Adidas sneaker for 90 euros. It feel so damn comfortable....now I am able to survive in Paris for the rest of the week. Ahhh.......nothing is more important than wearing a pair of comfortable walking shoes in paris....to hell with style...actually most of the people I saw wore just sport shoes or sneakers...nothing fanciful.


To end off the day, I had a great french dinner at Cafe Pourpre located near my hotel. The foie gras is the BEST I have ever eaten...I dinoe it can actually taste so good....which means i have been eating crappy foie gras in SG all this time...

This is my entrée. This large piece of foie gras on the right side of the plate looks big like a steak. The texture is v smooth and buttery. At first, I spread the foie gras over the bread but the owner kindly corrected me and said it should be cut and place as a chunk on the bread and eaten together. That's the correct way to eat the foie gras, just like u shouldn't stir ur wasabi into ur soya sauce...haha...

  
My main dish...salmon with rice and leeks. The leeks taste v nice....i dunoe what it's cooked with but it's good....iI finished everything on my plate....

No comments:

Post a Comment