Monday 4 May 2020

Trying punch needle embroidery


Bought this punch embroidery kit from Typo just before this CB started. Been curious to try it out ever since I heard about it from a colleague. Thinking that if Lockdown really happens, this could be a good thing to try out. Lo and behold, the lockdown (CB) really happen a few days after I bought it.
Btw, the plush next to it does not come with the kit. Bought that from Japan a few years ago, thinking it looked cute. Now it look super appropriate for the current covid situation.

After I opened the kit, I found some defects in the items. Firstly, it does not come with the template design although it stated that it has but it’s not a big problem. Secondly, the threader which was this thin wire to help push the woolen thread through the punch needle was faulty. It was broken. The kit cost me $29.90 which was overprice in my opinion. Anyway, I managed to improvise and get the woolen thread through the punch needle and draw my own design on the cloth. After watching a few YouTube videos on needle punching, I started to do my own ‘punching’. 
It wasn’t as easy as compare to what I saw on the YouTube Videos. After trying a few times, I managed to prevent the thread from coming out after punching it into the cloth. However, the cloth keeps moving out of place and becomes loose from the frame after a short time. Now the main problem is the frame. Think it’s not tight enough to hold the cloth in place....
Well, at least I learnt sth new today and it was pretty fun after a while. Can be quite therapeutic punching the needle in as it helps to vent off some steam. 


No comments:

Post a Comment