Wednesday 29 April 2020

Throwback to the 22 Mar 2020-Ocean Restaurant

Although it had only been about a month ago, it seemed like another era to me. About a month ago, before this covid-19 thing gets serious and before this circuit breaker even exist, I was at Ocean Restaurant located at Sentosa’s underwater aquarium to celebrate my birthday. Hubby made the reservation ahead and I remember during that time, all the guests in the restaurant were Singaporeans or locals since tourists were already banned from Singapore. The only difference from now is that its now impossible to dine outside anymore ๐Ÿ˜ž

Here, u can dine while watching the fishes swim around. It’s v therapeutic watching them swim in this blue environment and I almost felt guilty eating their own kind.

Think it cost about $72+++ which rounds up to about $100SGD per person for lunch. We picked the 3 course meal which includes a hot/cold appetizer, one main and 1 dessert. The only difference from the 4 course meal is an additional hot/cold appetizer.
The food is just normal to me, the main thing is the environment and dining experience. The servers were all v polite and friendly. 

I noticed from online that their menu changed regularly which is great.

I picked the hot starter which is the little neck clam risotto with onsen egg and tom yum emulsion. It also had some ikura and caviar on top. Yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Hubby choose the salmon tartare which I dun think taste v fresh. 

We also added an extra entree of seared scallops. The portion is so tiny...

For the mains, I chose the Pacific Tarahiki, a certain type of fish I have not tried before. It comes with back fungus, bamboo shoots and oriental broth. Not bad, the meat was on the firmer side. Only cons is that it’s such a small piece of fish.....

Hubby ordered the slow braised pork belly for his mains. 

Dessert was Tropicana consisting of pineapple salsa, coconut sobet ice cream and sago. For me, I ordered the lemon scented pound cake.

Coffee and tea were served after that and it’s complimentary. 

Surprise, surprise! I got a free chocolate cake from them as it’s my birthday๐Ÿ˜Š yeah!
It was a nice dinning experience and I’m glad I get the chance to go before this Circuit breaker thing kicks in. Coz who knows when it’s ever possible to go out and dine ever again.....I longed for the day when I can go out and sit in a hawker center and enjoy my food there instead of tabaoing back. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ











No comments:

Post a Comment