Thursday 11 July 2019

Tian Tian chicken rice at Maxwell market


I have never tried tian tian chicken rice before even though it’s so famous and I’m Singaporean. But after watching Mike Chen on Strictly Dumplings singing such praises for it, I need to try it out.
Ordered this medium chicken rice with roasted chicken breast meat at $5. No soup, so dark soya sauce or garlic sauce given. $5 for this small portion of chicken rice and it’s considered medium size, can’t imagine how the small looks like. 
Anyway, the rice was cooked perfectly and well flavored. It had a nice bite unlike some other chicken rice that is too soft and mushy. For the rice, it’s 10/10.
The roasted chicken breast meat was surprisingly tender and juicy. Usually roasted chicken are more dry than the white skinned hainanese chicken but their roasted chicken was one of the most tender and juicy ones I ever tried. 
Overall, it’s a good plate of chicken rice. But bit too expensive and not filling for me as I am still hungry after eating it..haha...but if you are tourist, will highly recommend u to come and try this plate of local delicacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment