Monday 8 July 2019

Bubble tea craze

Managed to try out chicha sanchan and Milksha this weekend.

The one at Somerset 313 was still not too crowded. 

They only have 6 items in the menu. Or maybe there are more but I din see it. Anyway I ordered the dong ding oolong fresh milk tea. 

I like the environmentally friendly packaging instead of the plastic bag. The tea was nice and pearls chewy. However, I find the time taken to make the tea was longer than I expected given there was nobody in the queue before me and I needed to wait about 10mins just for my bubble tea. Heard the queue for this tea was about an hr wait at Jem. Dun think I will queue so long for it as the taste was just normal to me.

Happened to come upon Milksha at Suntec city and there was only about 6-7 persons in the queue which we waited for about 10-15mins. 

Heard there was also a Milksha outlet at the newly opened Funan Centre but the menu was limited to a few items unlike the full menu here at Suntec.

They have some standing space with tables for ppl to drink but no seats for sitting.

Ordered the brown sugar milk tea with honey pearls and the izumo matcha milk.
The brown sugar milk tea with honey pearls was awesome. It’s not too sweet and the pearls were soft and chewy. However, I dun feel the matcha flavor was strong for the matcha milk. It’s just too milky and I can’t really taste the matcha.
There are still many new bubble teas I have yet to try. Prices for these bubble teas are getting more steep and comparable to a Starbuck drink. Dunoe when this bubble craze will last....haha...









No comments:

Post a Comment