Saturday 24 March 2018

Iceland trip- Reykjavik City free & easy

The storm swept through Reykjavik in the early morning with winds up to 50-60 km/hr. All tours were cancelled that day and morning flights at the airport was delayed. We were hiding inside our hotel and I could see the lamppost wobbling against the strong gust of wind....it was quite scary but fun....

One of my fave food. It taste so good....Think I have Skyr yogurt everyday while I was in Iceland.

By afternoon, the storm had subsided so we were able to go outside again. 

From our hotel, we walked to Hallgrimskirkja church, the most iconic structure in Reykjavik.

It was v near from our hotel but the road was wet, icy and slippery. It was here that I caught my first shiny Swablu! Muahahaha...so happy!

Front the church, we walked to another iconic structure, the sun voyager. 

The whole area was covered with ice....I missed my crampons.

Next, toilet break at the Harper concert hall.

Nice to take a break from the wind and rain inside the comfort of the concert hall. 

Think it looked better at night with the lights....

Lunch at the Reykjavik Fish restaurant. I like the cozy atmosphere of the shop. The food was excellent and service was good.

We ordered the fish and chips to share. The portion was just nice for 2 person who are not v hungry. The cod was fresh tasting and yummy. Ordering was done by yourself at the counter and then u just find ur own seats with a given number and the food will be served to you. Water was free and self service. The only cons I can find is that the condiment sauces eg, tartare sauce was additional charge of 300 Isk, kindda expensive. 






No comments:

Post a Comment