Tuesday 1 December 2015

Late Lunch at Angelina

Was wandering around thinking of where to go next after the national gallery when I happened to chance upon Angelina at the newly opened capitol building. OMG!! Can't believe it opened a branch here in Singapore! I din get a chance to try it's famous hot chocolate drink when I was in France but now I'm glad I finally get to try it here in Singapore! Yippee!

It comes with a complimentary piece of bread. It looked so tiny in that huge platter...haha...but taste good coz it's warm and toasted..crispy on the outside n soft on the inside, unlike the cold stone hard bread which are always served in France....
I ordered the 2 course set lunch which comes with the hot chocolate drink. The soup of the day was prawn bisque....my favourite...so lucky. It taste really good. Practically licked my plate clean.
  
For the main dish, I chose a salmon over cous cous....dun really like the taste. The skin wasn't crispy at all and I dun like the sweet citrus sauce which taste weird on a savoury dish....mayb I shd have chose the pasta main dish instead. 
Service was prompt and good. In total, the 2 course meal cost me abt $43 including tax and service charge. There was even a store next to the cafe selling macaroons, cakes and other souvenirs from Angelina. Overall, happy that I finally get to try the chocolate drink on a cold rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment