Sunday 8 November 2020

Rilakkuma Cafe at Orchard Central

Decided to pop by Rilakkuma Cafe located at Orchard Central level 4. It was previously Pompom Purim cafe. 



There was hardly much crowd at the cafe so I was hesitant to try out until now. So happen that I was going orchard on Sat to collect something so might as well pop by.

There was no queue on a Saturday lunchtime and we just walked in. Not a good sign for weekend....

We were seated at this side table with 2 cute plushies on it. Ooh...so cute but I tried not to touch it coz who knows how many grubby hands had touched them already.


The menu were accessible thru a QR code which u scanned on your phone. 

Sad looking bear sitting at a corner....

I ordered the chirpy kiiroitori beef stew rice. Hmm....the chicken looks bit distorted but never mind, maybe it taste better than it looks? I was wrong....it tasted worse than it looked....🀒
The carrots were raw and dry looking and the beef was as tough as leather....seriously I don’t think I have ever eaten beef as tough and chewy as the ones here. How did they even make it so tough?! In the end, I gave up after chewing one piece of beef. It was so bad πŸ˜–

Hubby ordered the kawaii rilakkuma salmon rice. It was edible, unlike mine. 

The last dish I ordered was this rilakkuma dango baos with sweet matcha. The baos were dry and the sweet matcha fillings inside just taste like green coloured tao sa to me, nothing matcha at all. 
Overall, the rilakkuma cafe in Singapore was a disappointment. Do not go for the mains. I noticed many ppl only ordered desserts or drinks. Maybe they will taste better, I mean it’s harder to screw up on sweets and drinks compare to mains. I wish they can improve on their food if they still wana be around coz it’s going to be bye bye soon for them if the food still don’t improve.










No comments:

Post a Comment