Sunday 22 November 2020

Omakase Burger & Tarte by Cheryl Koh

Omakase Burger recently opened a new joint at level 4 of Orchard Central. U can order food from both Omakase Burger menu and Super Greek menu since they are both under the same company.


I ordered the off peak special, express cheeseburger set since it’s only available during the weekday and top up extra for garlic fries and a soft drink. 

Ta-da~! I was expecting garlic powder on my fries but instead they came with real fried pieces of garlic. I chose well done for my beef patty and it was juicy and tender. The beef patty was v flavorful, maybe slightly on the salty side but I quite like it.
Hubby ordered something from Super Greek, lamb gyro which is basically a lamb kebab but sliced pieces of lamb, it was a minced lamb patty.

The pita bread was chewy and crispy and the white sourish yogurt dressing just made it taste more appetizing and yummy.
There was someone going around offering $15 off your total bill by installing this app from NTUC income called snacks. It’s quite troublesome but heck, it’s $15 off so that’s quite worth the effort. In the end, we only pay $20+ for our meals.

I have heard from Tarte by Cheryl Koh but had never tried it. So, we went to Shaw Center to check out the place. Located on the second floor in an obscure corner of Shaw Center, it was a cozy little cafe where u can sit down and enjoy a drink. Tried the melon and rose cold brew tea. It was so good! It did not have those artificial melon taste, instead it had a light mellow taste of melon followed by the rose taste. It simply taste and smell so natural, the only cons is it’s so little and expensive. 
Anyway, we bought 3 tarts to try:

Starting from the left- dark chocolate $8, Korean shine muscat $13 and blackberry $13.
Conclusion: the dark chocolate tart was normal. The Korean shine muscat grapes was sweet and juicy. The blackberries imported from France was normal, not as sweet as I expected. Overall, I think their tarts are not bad, except the prices are on the steep side. Currently they only have a few variety of tarts for sale, they did not have lemon meringue tart which is my fave. Maybe it’s seasonal? Would I get it again? Hmmm....I’m not sure since I can get much cheaper and equally delicious tarts elsewhere...but I would love to get that melon and rose cold brew drink again...haha...








No comments:

Post a Comment