Tuesday 25 August 2020

Uniqlo Airism mask

The UNIQLO airism mask which was sold out the moment it was released in Japan previously was finally available in Singapore yesterday on 24th Aug 2020.

Each person was only allowed to buy 1 packet of it. Was given a ticket with the colour and size preference stated and then go to cashier to pay for it. Each packet was $14.90 and comes with 3 masks inside.

Colour available was either black or white and sizes were S, M or L.
In the end, I chose M size, black.

On the left was the UNIQLO mask and on the right was the govt issued mask. Among all the govt issued masks, my fave was the Temasek mask as it was the most comfortable.

Comparison between these 2 masks: the ear loops for the govt mask are better as it’s longer and are adjustable. Less painful for prolong wearing. 
Sizewise, the UNIQLO mask is longer and more close fitting to the face. The govt issued mask has more pockets of space between the face.
The UNIQLO mask has some space between the nose and mask so there are some breathing space. Material wise, the UNIQLO mask feels smooth and cooling but bit thick coz I do feel some difficulty in breathing hard when I wear it. Maybe the material is not so porous as compared to the govt issued mask.
Overall, in terms of efficiency of protection, I feel that UNIQLO mask are better as it fits more tightly to the face and the material less breathable. For comfort, the govt issued mask is better. 
For me, I prefer the govt issued mask....haha....coz comfort is more important to me in hot and humid Singapore. I do hope Temasek will give another round of this mask but in black colour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment