Tuesday 25 August 2020

Trying Xin Mei Xiang lor mee at Old Airport Food Center


I finally get to try the Xin Mei Xiang lor mee located a old airport road food center. In order to eat this, you will need to check after 10pm on their Facebook 
 to see whether they will be open the next day as they tend to be closed most of the time and also they are closed every Thur. Upon reaching Dakota Station, exit B and crossed the small zebra crossing. Follow the path on your right towards the main road and walk till u come to a junction. Old airport food center is located across the junction. It’s hard to miss the lor mee stall as the first thing I saw when reaching was the long queue of people. Was there on a Tuesday at 11am and the line was stretched across 5 stalls and turned around a corner. Waited in line for 45mins in total....

The red arrow pointing at the red stall was the Xin Mei Xiang Lor Mee. Finally saw the stall after 15mins waiting.

They have $4, $5 and $6 portion. Takeaway at extra $0.30. You can also bring your own container to save money. Notice the uncle putting the closed sign after taking my order at around 11.45am. There are still a long queue of people behind me, guess they are too late. 
Taste review: it was flavorful and delicious. They also gave quite a lot of fish meat for $5. The broth was not as thick and starchy as some other lor mee. It was more fluid and soupy texture. The noodle was al dente and chewy. Actually it was good lor mee but to queue 45mins for this, I probably don’t think it’s worth it as I can find similar tasting lor mee at Seah Im food center which I find was good enough. To me, I still feel the best lor mee I ever eaten was the one that used to be in Bukit Purmei and it had this crunchy bits ingredients. Sadly, it’s no longer around....😭 
Conclusions: Good food don’t stay for long, better eat them before they are gone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment