Wednesday 12 August 2015

A gloomy day

First entry in year 2015.
Had a long break from Friday till today....thanks to the jubilee long Weekend holiday and me getting sick at the end of it. Fall sick to viral infection on the 50th birthday of my nation. It's also the best NDP so far. Feel sad at the same time coz LKY is no longer around to see it. Without him, Singapore would not have become what it is today. It's been an eventful year so far with the death of our foundling father in March, followed by the one week state funeral. For me, who cannot stand crowds and never queue for anything more than 1 hr in my life, I stand and queue for 4 hrs just to pay my respect to LKY at the parliament house. I feel that is the least I can do compared to what he had done for the nation. I don't think there will ever be a man like him ever again.
After the NDP, the general election  is going to take place. This is the first time in my life where I finally get the chance to vote since previously I have been stationed overseas. I think PAP is going to win a landslide victory since the mood of the people now is in a  patriotic state and also becoz ppl want to keep LKY'S legacy going.
Sure to have a lot of 'wayang show' going on now. Well, that's poltics.

Recovering slowly from my viral infection. Had a high fever of 38.7 two days ago. Basically I have been holed up in my house for past 4 days. I never stepped out except to go out and throw rubbish.  Think I am seriously an indoor gal. Somehow I just can't drag myself to step out of the house. If I did not work, I would probably holed up in the house for weeks without going out...yah...I know it's v unhealthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment