Wednesday 22 July 2020

New Ippudo Summer menu


Ippudo was having a new item on its menu when I visited last week at Mandarin Gallery. It’s called Tori Ton ramen consisting of 2 slices of chicken char siew, 2 slices of pork char siew and topped with onions, spring onion tempura bits and cabbage.The price was pretty reasonable at around $16-17 that also comes with mini salad and mentai butter at the side.

When it came, I was told to taste the soup first before adding the mentai butter. The soup taste like chicken broth which was not too heavy or oily. In fact, it was light enough to drink all by itself yet having a distinct chicken taste. Once I added the mentai butter, the taste changed totally. No wonder the waitress told us to taste the soup first before adding it. 
Now the soup had a slight spiciness to it with a stronger flavor which totally masked the light chicken flavor. It was so delicious that I used up all my mentai butter. The soup also had a bit of crunch due to the mentaiko from the mentai butter and also adding a seafood taste to it. Anyway, the flavor is just too complex to describe and best way was to just try it yourself.
The only thing I don’t really like was the noodle which was made from whole wheat soba. It had a v smooth texture but I still prefer the straight hakata style noodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment